We know that the reasons for being homeless are complicated and come with many different reasons and issues. So that we can support people in the best possible way, we have teamed up with several partner agencies to ensure that homeless adults have the support and skills they need to address the issues of why they became homeless.
- Turning Point – substance misuse treatment including rapid assessment, one to one therapy and group sessions
- Nurse Practitioner – provides initial physical health diagnostics, blood tests and referral to medical appointments
- Mental Health Nurse – provides mental health appointments, including consultation and referral
- NHS Sexual health nurse – provide testing and follow up treatment for sexual health issues
- Hep C Trust – provide hepatitis C testing and treatment programmes.
- Medway Asthma Self-help group – provides guidance to homeless individual on asthma related conditions
Support for specialist issues:
- Medway Local Authority housing advisors – provide housing relating support for homeless adults
- SATEDA – provide domestic abuse counselling and signposting to refuges and other agencies
- Medway Adult Education – provide online courses, English and Maths sessions within 411 HUB
Services and activities that reduce social isolation:
- Desert Island Discs – talking therapy group session based around the soundtrack of our lives.
- Jade’s Hair Design – once a month residents can book in for a hairdressing appointment, held in the 411 HUB
- ALIVE AND SINGING Choir – The Alive and Singing choir is a singing group that is made up of homeless individuals and staff. 98% of individuals that attend said that the choir was important to them, that it lifted their spirits, and helped them to manage their feelings
- Creatabot – provide creative activities to promote mental wellbeing
- Kent Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association – run a monthly curry night for homeless individuals
If you are a service provider and would like to partner with AMAT UK, please get in touch via our contact form