We know that the reasons for being homeless are complicated and come with many different reasons and issues. So that we can support people in the best possible way, we have teamed up with several partner agencies to ensure that homeless adults have the support and skills they need to address the issues of why they became homeless.
- Forward Trust– substance misuse treatment including rapid assessment, one to one therapy and group sessions
- NHS Sexual health nurse – provide testing and follow up treatment for sexual health issues
- Hep C Trust – provide hepatitis C testing and treatment programmes.
- Rubicon Cares – counselling for victims of crime
Support for specialist issues:
- Medway Local Authority housing advisors – provide housing relating support for homeless adults
- SATEDA – provide domestic abuse counselling and signposting to refuges and other agencies
- Medway Adult Education – provide online courses, English, Maths and I.T sessions within The Hive
Services and activities that reduce social isolation:
- Desert Island Discs – talking therapy group session based around the soundtrack of our lives.
- ALIVE AND SINGING Choir – The Alive and Singing choir is a singing group that is made up of homeless individuals and staff. 98% of individuals that attend said that the choir was important to them, that it lifted their spirits, and helped them to manage their feelings
- Kent Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association – run curry nights for homeless individuals