Before being housed by AMAT UK, a referral must be made. We accept referrals from other agencies such as probation, local authorities and other voluntary agencies. We also take self-referrals; for anyone experiencing homelessness in the Medway area that can attend our office to complete the referral form, or complete it online via the link below.
The prospective Service User/Resident is then invited for a referral interview.
Applicants are able to look around the project and are welcome to ask questions.
If AMAT UK are able to offer accommodation, we will look for a suitable bed space to maintain a balance in the community.
If no suitable accommodation is available, applicants are advised to call on a daily basis to enquire about accommodation and provided with an alternative providers list.
We endeavour to assist as many individuals who are eligible as we can. To this end, each application is judged upon its own merits.
AMAT UK adheres to a strict equal opportunities policy in all aspects of its work, including dealing with prioritising referrals.
Applicants not meeting AMAT UK’s eligibility criteria cannot be accommodated within the service.
AMAT UK will prioritise referrals on the following basis.
- Whether the risks posed to or by the individual can be managed within the service (this will involve a risk assessment with the applicant).
- Whether the needs of the individual can be met within the service.
- Whether accommodating the individual will cause an imbalance of needs within the community.
- The impact of ‘homelessness’ on the individual and the vulnerability of the applicant.
- Availability of a suitable space for the individual and their needs.
- Any other information that is relevant to the applicants needs and circumstances which may better inform the prioritisation process.
For further information on becoming a resident at AMAT UK, please visit our Living At AMAT page.
We wish all Service Users/Residents a happy stay at AMAT UK
Continue to form