1.1 These terms and conditions shall govern your use of our website.
1.2 By using our website, you accept these terms and conditions in full; accordingly, if you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our website.
1.3 If you use any of our website services, we will ask you to expressly agree to these terms and conditions.
2.1 This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (http://www.seqlegal.com).
3 Copyright notice
3.1 Copyright (c) 2017 BUSINESS NAME.
3.2 Subject to the express provisions of these terms and conditions:
(a) we, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website; and
(b) all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
4 Licence to use website
4.1 You may:
(a) view pages from our website in a web browser;
(b) download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
(c) print pages from our website;
(d) stream audio and video files from our website; and
(e) use our website services by means of a web browser,
subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
4.2 Except as expressly permitted by Section 4.1 or the other provisions of these terms and conditions, you must not download any material from our website or save any such material to your computer.
4.3 You may only use our website for your own personal and business purposes, and you must not use our website for any other purposes.
4.4 Except as expressly permitted by these terms and conditions, you must not edit or otherwise modify any material on our website.
4.5 Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
(a) republish material from our website (including republication on another website);
(b) sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
(c) show any material from our website in public;
(d) exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
(e) redistribute material from our website.
4.6 We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
5 Acceptable use
5.1 You must not:
(a) use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
(b) use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
(c) use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
(d) conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
(e) access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means, except for the purpose of search engine indexing;
(f) violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website; or
(g) use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
5.2 You must not use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities.
5.3 You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
6 Registration and accounts
6.1 You must not use any other person’s account to access the website, unless you have that person’s express permission to do so.
7 Your content: licence
7.1 In these terms and conditions, “your content” means all works and materials (including without limitation text, graphics, images, audio material, video material, audio-visual material, scripts, software and files) that you submit to us or our website for storage or publication on, processing by, or transmission via, our website.
7.2 You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to reproduce, store and publish your content on and in relation to this website and any successor website.
7.3 You grant to us the right to sub-license the rights licensed under Section 9.2.
7.4 You grant to us the right to bring an action for infringement of the rights licensed under Section 9.2.
7.5 You hereby waive all your moral rights in your content to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law; and you warrant and represent that all other moral rights in your content have been waived to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
7.6 Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach any provision of these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may delete, unpublish or edit any or all of your content.
9 Your content: rules
9.1 You warrant and represent that your content will comply with these terms and conditions.
9.2 Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
9.3 Your content, and the use of your content by us in accordance with these terms and conditions, must not:
(a) be libellous or maliciously false;
(b) be obscene or indecent;
(c) infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right;
(d) infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation;
(e) constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
(f) constitute an incitement to commit a crime, instructions for the commission of a crime or the promotion of criminal activity;
(g) be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
(h) be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
(i) be blasphemous;
(j) be in breach of official secrets legislation;
(k) be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person;
(l) depict violence in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner;
(m) be pornographic, lewd, suggestive or sexually explicit;
(n) be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading;
(o) consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage;
(p) constitute spam;
(q) be offensive, deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, anti-social, menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; or
(r) cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person.
10 Limited warranties
10.1 We do not warrant or represent:
(a) the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website;
(b) that the material on the website is up to date; or
(c) that the website or any service on the website will remain available.
10.2 We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
10.3 To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to Section 12.1, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, our website and the use of our website.
11 Limitations and exclusions of liability
11.1 Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
(a) limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
(b) limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
(d) exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
11.2 The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section 12 and elsewhere in these terms and conditions:
(a) are subject to Section 12.1; and
(b) govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions.
11.3 To the extent that our website and the information and services on our website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
11.4 We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
11.5 We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
11.6 We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
11.7 We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
11.8 You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and employees and, having regard to that interest, you acknowledge that we are a limited liability entity; you agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or these terms and conditions (this will not, of course, limit or exclude the liability of the limited liability entity itself for the acts and omissions of our officers and employees).
12 Breaches of these terms and conditions
12.1 Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
(a) send you one or more formal warnings;
(b) temporarily suspend your access to our website;
(c) permanently prohibit you from accessing our website;
(d) block computers using your IP address from accessing our website;
(e) contact any or all of your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our website;
(f) commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise; and/or
12.2 Where we suspend or prohibit or block your access to our website or a part of our website, you must not take any action to circumvent such suspension or prohibition or blocking.
13.1 We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time.
13.2 The revised terms and conditions shall apply to the use of our website from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on the website, and you hereby waive any right you may otherwise have to be notified of, or to consent to, revisions of these terms and conditions.
13.3 If you have given your express agreement to these terms and conditions, we will ask for your express agreement to any revision of these terms and conditions; and if you do not give your express agreement to the revised terms and conditions within such period as we may specify, we will disable or delete your account on the website, and you must stop using the website.
14.1 You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
14.2 You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
15.1 If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
15.2 If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
16 Third party rights
16.1 A contract under these terms and conditions is for our benefit and your benefit, and is not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party.
16.2 The exercise of the parties’ rights under a contract under these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
17 Entire agreement
17.1 Subject to Section 12.1, these terms and conditions, together with our privacy and cookies policy, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website and shall supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to your use of our website.
18 Law and jurisdiction
18.1 These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
18.2 Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
19 Statutory and regulatory disclosures
19.1 Our VAT number is XXX XXXX XX.
20 Our details
20.1 This website is owned and operated by AMAT UK.
20.2 We are registered in England and Wales under registration number 05159125 and our registered office is at 10 Chelmar Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4PB, UK.
20.3 Our principal place of business is at 10 Chelmar Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4PB, UK.
20.4 You can contact us:
(a) by post, using the postal address given above;
(b) by telephone, on the contact number published on our website from time to time; or
(c) by email, using the email address published on our website from time to time.
AMAT UK Local Community and History Social Media Competition – May 2021
- This prize draw is open to AMAT UK residents only, and excluding employees of AMAT UK and their immediate families, its agents or anyone else professionally connected to the promotion.
- No purchase necessary.
- Entries must not be sent through agents or third parties.
- The contest is in no way affiliated with the social media platform on which it is promoted.
- By entering this prize draw entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The applicant must be over 16 years of age to be eligible to enter.
- To enter: Each entry must describe Medway history or the local community and can be in the following forms: photo, video, or written piece e.g. poem or story. Email entries to email@example.com or drop any entry into 411 HUB, ensuring that your name and contact details are on your entry.
- Entrants warrant and represent that any Content submitted by entrant is for the purpose of the Contest. Entrants understand and undertake that any Content submitted will not infringe intellectual property rights, copyrights, registered or unregistered trademark or proprietary rights of any third parties and any applicable copyright and trademark regulations and laws. If requested by the Promoter, entrants agree to provide a written legal release for the use of the Content in a form that is satisfactory to the Promoter. Entrants understand that the Content must not defame or invade publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon legal rights. Entrants understand that the Promoter reserves the right to reject any submitted Content it considers in its sole discretion to be immoral, objectionable, obscene, and profane or in violation of these Rules.
- Entries with any of eligibility information missing will not be entered into the prize draw. Incomplete or ineligible entries will be not be entered. Multiple entries on either platform will be disqualified.
- The competition will run from Monday 3rd May to Friday 29th May 00:00.
- Please ensure your entry details are correct and security settings allow the Promoter to contact you.
- Entries made after the prize draw closing time will not be entered into the draw.
- One winner and one runner up will be judged by a panel of judges and the winner/ runner up will be announced on June 4th.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within 24 hours the Promoter reserves the right at their absolute discretion to withdraw prize entitlement and award the prize to a substitute winner drawn at the same time as the original.
- The lucky winner will receive£30 of vouchers and the runner up £20 of vouchers
- If for any reason the recipient/entry is ineligible a new winner will be drawn.
- The prize is strictly non-transferable, and no cash alternative shall be made available.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize or prizes, at its sole discretion, of equal or higher value.
- No correspondence in connection with this draw will be entered into.
- The Promoter or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of The Promoter or its agencies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
- The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering or to have tampered with the operation of the promotion or the AMAT UK website/Facebook/Twitter page or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the prize draw without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside the Promoters reasonable control. Any changes will be posted within these terms and conditions.
- By entering participants agree to the use of their name, location and image (if available) to be used in promotional activities by the Promoter.
- The promoter or its agencies accept no responsibility for any loss, injury or damage suffered through acceptance of the prize.
Promoter: AMAT UK, 10 Chelmar Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4PB. Charity No: 1111057 Company No: 05159125