THE BIG GIVE CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE: ONE DONATION, DOUBLE THE IMPACT.
HELP US HELP HOMELESS RESIDENTS AT AMAT UK BY FUNDING “CREATIVE CONNECTIONS” via THE BIG GIVE CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE. FROM MIDDAY ON 30th NOVEMBER UNTIL MIDDAY ON 7TH DECEMBER, ANY DONATIONS MADE TO US VIA THE BIG GIVE WILL BE MATCHED, MEANING YOUR GENEROUS GIFT GOES EVEN FURTHER TOWARDS HELPING US CONTINUE OUR WORK.
WHAT IS THE BIG GIVE CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE?
The Big Give is the UK’s #1 match funding platform. They specialise in bringing individuals, charities, and philanthropists together to multiply their impact helping organisations such as ours. Every December for seven days it offers supporters, like you, of participating charities, like us, the opportunity to have your donation doubled.
WHY DO WE NEED YOUR HELP?
Homelessness creates profound loneliness and chronic boredom yet is often addressed by only encouraging training and employment or focusing on problematic behaviour. However, many people become homeless through complex issues or traumatic experiences that include escaping violent abuse, learning or physical disabilities, mental health problems, addiction, etc. The key to addressing these issues is developing self-esteem, self-confidence, a sense of self-worth and feeling connected to others.
We need your help to maintain one of our most popular and rewarding programmes of activities that aims to address these issues; “Creative Connections”
Therapeutic arts based activities for trauma-related problems. The sessions are all designed to reduce social isolation, enhance mental well-being, and increase confidence in a safe place, facilitated by professional creatives. A recent survey of choir members discovered 82% would feel “sad/depressed/ disappointed/” if rehearsals stopped and 100% feel it has a positive impact on their life
Donated funds will be used to facilitate the continuation of AMAT’s choir throughout 2021, via:
- Weekly choir practise with a music professional
- Weekly ‘Desert Island Disc’ workshops where residents explore musical appreciation and its emotional connections
- An increase in regular performances to locals, friends & families
- Weekly “Creativity Club” exploring different artistic mediums and activities
What makes continuing our creative programmes initiative so important? Firstly, it is well known that creative activities can be therapeutic for trauma-related problems. Attending Creative Connections workshops help to reduce loneliness, improve self-esteem, and increase confidence of residents. The performances create excitement and provides something to look forward to, the weekly creativity club helps with routine and regular positivity. A recent survey of choir members revealed:
- 100% feel participating in the choir has made a positive impact on their life
- 100% said being part of the group gave them something to look forward to
- 100% said it made them feel like they had achieved something
- 90% said being a part of recording an album gave them an experience they never thought they would have
- 82% would feel sad / depressed / disappointed if rehearsals stopped
HOW CAN YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
Every contribution is important, however big or small.
Please donate via the official Big Give campaign page HERE
**Donations open 12:00 PM, Tuesday 30th November and close 12:00 PM, Tuesday 7th December 2021**
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT THIS CHRISTMAS!